August 16, 2011

Tuesday August 16

Welcome all readers to day two of camp! Two things today stuck out personally and made today a very special time. Number one, the weather was perfect. Simply gorgeous out on the field, and even more so in the shade. It was summer-y and warm but not too hot to do work, it was sunny, but with some scattered cloud cover, I remarked at lunch that it was very good. Secondly, as Drum Major one of my responsibilities is to let people know when their breaks end, and remind them how much time is left so that the rehearsal can move along. I choose to do this by running across the field yelling the amount of time remaining. What was special about today was that during my run, a freshman came up and ran and yelled along with me. This was encouraging to me in that I knew that I was supported by the band, and I knew that this individual understood the importance of maximizing time, and having some fun while doing so. Energies remain high, we were able to learn 9 more pages of drill today, setting us about halfway through the show. I am excited for tomorrow after such a good day today. Thank you for your time, you will hear from me tomorrow.
Josiah

No comments: