August 17, 2011

Wednesday August 17

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mustangs and otherwise. Those readers in the work force, today's blog pertains to you especially. Today at band camp, was Hump Day. Yes, the 8 to 5 work and step size lifestyles are similar indeed. Wednesday went slowly, and as we attempted to tackle slow and difficult marching and drill, it was as though we were scaling a hill. But the foundations of this band, let me tell you, are strong. And as you can tell by reading this, I survived Hump Day. I have two encouraging anecdotes for you and then I must log off for bedtime. First, I shared with my friend today that I am genuinely excited to perform for the parents on Friday evening. With all the hard work we have put in, I can stand by that for most of the ensemble. Secondly, and in a similar vein, there is a slow movement of the show, the ballad. And in the ballad there is rising action to a point of musical climax. At this point, our wonderful color guard spins and tosses simply gorgeously styled flags. I saw them perform today from my spot on the ladder and audibly gasped. It was wonderful. It will be a great performance, and I cannot wait to see you there.
Josiah

No comments: